Catholic Agency for Overseas Development (CAFOD) is one of the UK’s leading international aid agencies and has a large programme in Zimbabwe and Southern Africa working in the water, sanitation and hygiene, livelihoods and governance sectors.
CAFOD are currently developing a programme of sanitation and hygiene education in 6 municipalities in Zimbabwe. Working closely with national stakeholders, the key activities are to develop and establish an appropriate curriculum for sanitation and hygiene education and to develop and deliver an awareness campaign in order to contribute to community behavioural change in hygiene and sanitation practices.
CAFOD are currently seeking CVs for the following positions
1) WASH – Team Leader (based in Harare, with frequent travel within Zimbabwe)
We are seeking an experienced and inspiring leader for a senior management position, able to manage staff, budgets and oversee all technical aspects of the programme. You will need to have:
– A Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant field
– At least 7 years’ experience managing similar projects
– Experience with training and curriculum development in hygiene and sanitation
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Knowledge of the region and ability to speak Shona is a distinct advantage.
2) Community Mobilisation Expert (based in Harare, with frequent travel within Zimbabwe)
We are seeking an exceptional expert in community mobilisation with a passion for community engagement and development and experience in the water and sanitation sector. You will have:
– A Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Education or similar field
– At least 5 years’ experience in community mobilisation with experience in water and sanitation
– Demonstrated experience in the development and management of campaigns
– Excellent written and spoken English and Shona
– The right to work in Zimbabwe.
Both positions are fixed term contracts up to 12 months.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.
Please submit CVs to: [email protected]
Deadline: October 14, 2012
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Both positions are subject to funding.