Catholic Relief Services – Zimbabwe Program, an international humanitarian and development organization seeks qualified candidates for a USAID-funded, multi-year food security, nutrition and agricultural development project in Zimbabwe.
The Technical Coordinator/Deputy Chief of Party will report directly to Chief of Party for Development Food Aid Program (DFAP). The TC/DCOP will oversee implementation of all DFAP activities, agricultural production, agro-enterprise, and health and nutrition activities for the program. S/he must effectively manage relationships with CRS and partner staff to establish and oversee a comprehensive DFAP strategy for the program. S/he will also serve as the point person for field based activities with the donor and be responsible for coordinating and preparing all required reports.
– Masters degree in agriculture, nutrition, health or a related field.
– Minimum five years experience working in international development or agro-production programs; food security, health or related; experience working with USG grants preferred.
– Demonstrated experience in addressing gender equity in food security and nutrition programming.
– Understanding of donor expectations and current trends with USG Title II programs.
– Demonstrated ability with project grants management, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
– Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively with communities, partners, and transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training, meetings, and participatory methods.
– Excellent analytical, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access.
– Ability to work both independently and in a team.
– Willingness to travel approximately 50% of time within country.
– Excellent oral and written English required.
– Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture
* Note: these positions are contingent on the awarding of funding by the donor. *
Those who meet the above criteria are invited to submit their applications together with a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes the names and contact details (plus e-mails addresses) of three traceable references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please submit to: The Country Representative, 95 Park Lane, Harare or 33A Duncan Road Suburbs Bulawayo or P.O. Box CY 1111, Causeway, Harare, or email: [email protected]