Christian Aid, on behalf of its ‘Action by Churches Together’ ACT Alliance sister agency DanChurchAid, is looking for a Country Operations Advisor to provide support to the Zimbabwe programme, particularly but not exclusively for the DCA programme partnership arrangement responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring / evaluation, and reporting of tasks assigned and working closely with the Regional and HQ staff of DCA. The post holder will travel frequently to intervention sites. The interventions are strategically linked and include on-going disaster risk reduction interventions and long term development activities implemented in partnership with government departments, local FBO and NGO partners.
The Advisor will be responsible for:
– Remaining updated on the most recent developments in the country including humanitarian situations and share periodic updates with the technical supervisor and participate in various coordination and other meetings of government, UN and NGOs
– Developing detailed work and monitoring plans of all interventions as per the project documents and guidance from the supervisor
– Intensively monitoring implementation of planned activities in collaboration with partner field staff and review progress of implementation, provide feedback, and identify problems to seek actionable solutions
– Preparing field monitoring, progress and final reports of the intervention, critically analyse both the narrative as well as the financial/audited statements received from the partners, prepare and submit a narrative reports to the immediate supervisor and handling administrative and logical tasks.
You will need to have the following qualifications and skills:
– A university degree in Social Science, Rural development, or related fields
– A minimum of 7 years of work experience in management positions in INGOs or UN agencies
– Ability to manage large and complex donor funded programmes
– Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-national environment,
– Excellent skills in written and oral English language
– Good interpersonal and inter-organizational working experience and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders
– Strong IT skills and ability to communicate Ndebele and/or Shona and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations.
This is a fixed term contract for up to 12 months, renewable dependent on funding and performance. Candidates should be able to start as soon as possible after interviews.
To apply for this position, send your motivational letter and full CV including 3 references to: [email protected].
Preference will be given to applicants who are Zimbabwean nationals or who are eligible to work in Zimbabwe and can drive themselves to project sites.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 7 June 2013 please assume your application was unsuccessful.
Job reference: ZIM/DCA-513/MM
Closing date: 19 May 2013
Interview date: Week commencing 3 June 2013