2 Year Contract
Location: Masvingo & Mutare
The Finance and Administration Officer will work with the Programs Manager and collaborate with Finance and Admin Officers based in other Christian Care regional offices, in an effort to maintain a consistent approach to organisational finance and administration management across Christian Care operations. The Finance and Admin Officer shall develop and maintain a close working relationship with the Head of Finance, HR Officer and Administrator to provide better support for Christian Care administrative processes.
– Manage regional budgets including preparation of monthly trial balances, programme statements and other financial reporting requirements
– Ensure finances are managed in accordance with Christian Care financial regulations
– Ensure the accurate and timely processing of expenditure and income using the Pastel Evolution package
– Undertake reconciliations of intercompany transactions on a monthly basis
– Prepares responses to financial queries from Christian Care donor partners in consultation with the Head of Finance
– Facilitating annual audit by preparing audit schedules as per balance sheet line
– Maintenance of fixed Assets register by keeping the register up to date
– Manage asset register including asset procurement; assist disposal and asset stock takes and spot-check programs
– Provide asset reporting (including end of financial year asset returns) to National office
– Stock management by maintaining updated stock records of all programme materials and fuels.
– Assist in the coordination of people related issues for all staff welfare in the region
– Implement and maintain HR procedures as required by Christian Care policies
– Support a range of HR management functions including recruitment, the preparation and maintenance of employment contracts for regional staff, induction and placement of staff, performance management etc
– Preparation of monthly staff returns with timely submission to National Office in liaison with the Programs Manager. Assist in the monthly maintenance of medical aid membership
– Coordinating maintenance of regional office vehicles including arranging service repairs, arranging Insurance and registration, checking running sheets
– Manage the record keeping system and ensure that regional records are maintained in accordance with Christian Care records management guidelines.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
– A degree in accountancy or related business degree
– Professional qualifications such as; CIMA, ACCA, MBA, will be an added advantage
– Three years experience in accountancy and finance at middle management level
– A reference letter from your church Pastor
The package on offer will be disclosed to short listed candidates.
Application clearly marked “Finance & Admin Officer” with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualification certificates in a sealed envelope should be sent to the address below.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
The National Director
27 St Patrick’s Rd