Catholic Relief Services – Zimbabwe Program (PVO: 6/2002), an international humanitarian and development organization, seeks to fill the above named position.
CRS Zimbabwe seeks candidates for Head of Programs based in Harare, Zimbabwe. The main role of the Head of Programs (HoP) is to lead CRS/Zimbabwe’s programming department, to ensure the quality and growth of CRS programming and to support the development of CRS and partner programming staff. Vested with substantial decision-making authority, this individual will regularly undertake representational responsibilities with the local Church, government, and donors.
– Master’s degree in international relations/development or a related field
– Five to seven years international management experience, including significant supervisory experience in complex development and relief programs in developing countries, with project management experience in one or more of the following areas: agriculture and/or livelihood recovery, WASH, nutrition, DRR, and conflict management
– Excellent personnel management and leadership abilities; effective team builder, facilitator & mentor; good networker; proactive & decisive thinker; both creative and analytical; consensus-builder
– Ability to manage interpersonal relationships facilitates meetings, build consensus within groups, manage interpersonal conflict, and juggle/prioritize multiple tasks
– Demonstrated strong ability with project grants management, including participatory project design, detailed planning, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting
– Experience accompanying civil society development and organizational strengthening, especially experience with partner strengthening and cross-sector engagement
– Familiarity with the social development function of the Catholic Church and experience in working with Church partners
– Excellent English written and verbal skills for project proposals, reports, and other communications
– Computer proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Requires approximately 40 percent travel within Zimbabwe, plus attendance at regional conferences and workshops when requested
Those who meet the above criteria are invited to submit their applications together with a cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes the names and contact details (plus e-mails addresses) of three traceable references. Applications should be clearly marked “HEAD OF PROGRAMS”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please submit by: Friday 7 June 2013 to: The Country Representative, 95 Park Lane, Harare or 33A Duncan Road Suburbs Bulawayo or P.O. Box CY 1111, Causeway, Harare, or to [email protected]