The Zimbabwe Heads of Christian Denominations (ZHOCD) comprising the Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe, the Zimbabwe Catholic Bishops’ Conference and the Zimbabwe Council of Churches seek a suitably qualified person to be Director for its Ecumenical Peace Observation Initiative in Zimbabwe (EPOIZ).
Deadline: December 21
EPOIZ Director Responsibilities
– Provide oversight, monitor and co-ordinate EPOIZ work
– Plan EPOIZ work in consultation with Justice & Peace departments of the three ecumenical umbrella bodies (EFZ, ZCBC & ZCC)
– Supervise programme officers and other EPOIZ staff
– Conduct research and advise EPOIZ Board on relevant action
– Facilitate regional and international advocacy by ecumenical bodies and ensure accreditation with relevant regional bodies
– Identify, negotiate and liaise with development partners
– Represent EPOIZ in meetings and engage government on national peace-building issues
– Report to, and advise, the ZHOCD Executive on the performance of the organization
– Any other duties as assigned by the ZHOCD Executive.
– A Masters Degree from a recognised university in a relevant field
– Five years experience in peace-building and conflict transformation or a related field
– Detailed knowledge of the peace and conflict transformation dynamics in Zimbabwe and the Southern Africa region
– A professional qualification and not less than two years experience in middle or senior management
– Excellent analytical, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
– Experience of working with ecumenical bodies
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skills, experience and prevailing market trends.
Interested and qualified persons are invited to submit their applications via email, together with a cover letter and detailed CV that includes the names and contact details of three traceable references, with reference ZHOCD EPOIZ 12/12 in subject line, to: The Executive Secretary, HOCDZ, email: [email protected]