Diakonia is a Swedish development organisation working in more than 30 countries worldwide. In Zimbabwe, Diakonia supports community- and faith-based organisations in a national programme focusing on Strategic Peace Building, with a strong focus on gender equality and the role of women as strategic peace builders.
The Strategic Peace Building programme currently supports 8 local partner organisations working in Zimbabwe. The objective of this call for proposals is to identify new partner organisations and initiatives that can add further value to the programme.
Any registered local or national organisation working with peace building and/or gender equality at community and/or national/regional/international level is eligible to submit a concept paper. Proposals that promote collaboration between different organisations will be given preference.
Funding may be sought for one-off activities or for a project running up to two years. The maximum grant size is USD 100,000.
Deadlines and decision process
– Thematic areas: Peace building and/or gender equality
– Concept notes (maximum 3 pages) shall be submitted per email to [email protected] no later than 15 November, 16.00 hours. Late submissions will not be accepted.
– Concept notes will be evaluated and applicants notified latest 28 November.
– Successful applicants will be requested to elaborate full funding proposals. The deadline for the full funding proposals is 7 January 2013.
– Funding agreements expected to be finalised in March 2013.
Interested applicants are requested to submit concept notes outlining the proposed activities or project.
The concept note shall not exceed 3 pages and shall include the following information:
1. Name of applying organisation
2. Contact person, position, email address and telephone number
3. Name of the project/intervention/activity
4. Application amount (indicating own contribution, if any)
5. Duration of the activity/project
6. Relevance of the activity/project
a) Specific problems to be addressed
b) Target group
c) Geographic coverage
7. Description of the activity/project
a) Objective of the activity/project
b) Expected results
c) Proposed activities
8. Sustainability of the activity/project
9. Value addition of the applicant organisation
Two references from other funding sources. Organisation, name, position, email and telephone number
For more information about the call for proposals, submit your enquiries to [email protected]