Duty Station: Chiredzi District
Duration: 1 year
Reporting to the Project Officer, the Project Assistant will plan, implement and monitor food security project in Chiredzi district according to Christian Care and the funding partner’s expectations.
Specifically, the incumbent will have the following key responsibilities
– Implement planned activities in close consultation with the Project Officer
– Facilitate and ensure accurate and effective beneficiary targeting
– Distribute project inputs timely, accurately and fairly
– Organize and conduct training workshops to build capacities of target beneficiaries
– Maintain and develop beneficial relationships with stakeholders in the operational area
– Prepare and submit periodic program reports as required by Christian Care and the funding partner
– Assess food security needs in the district in collaboration with critical stakeholders
– Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the Programs Manager.
– Applicants must possess a minimum of a certificate in irrigation engineering, agriculture with bias towards irrigation development, development studies or a related field. A diploma/degree will be an added advantage
– At least 1 year of food security planning, implementation and monitoring hands-on experience
– Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
– Ability to generate good field reports
– Ability to address diverse cultural community gatherings
– Fluency in more than one local language is an added advantage
– Computer literacy
– Be a practicing Christian.
The package on offer will be disclosed to short listed candidates.
Applications with detailed CVs should be sent to: [email protected] or the addresses below:
Envelopes should be clearly marked:
The Programs Manager
54 Robertson Street
The National Director
27 St. Patrick’s Road
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews and successful candidates should be prepared to start immediately.